Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fairy tales can come true.

Ok. Here is my second attempt at this post. If there is already one posted then I'm sorry. But I couldn't find the Firestone I wrote anywhere. So I figured I would do a second one.

Fairy tale land aka Füssen, Germany is a fairy tale because this is where most our fairy tales came from. At least visually. Walt Disney was inspired by Neuschwanstein castle for all the Disney Castles especially sleeping beauty's castle. This castle was built with romance in mind. It was against the rules to take pictures I side buy I will now let the exterior pictures speak for themselves.


YouTube Video























Right, my words can't explain the beauty we saw. I wish I could have taken pictures inside. But it is all still the original work. Nothin has been redone and so to keep it as pristine they say no cameras so they don't have to worry about the flashes. Makes sense to me other than the fact that I know I wouldn't use flash. Oh well.

After Autumn and I took this amazing tour that walks you through different operas that Wagner wrote (because King Ludwig II was a huge fan of Wagner's work) we decided to take a hike up the mountain behind the castle.














Totally worth it. Because with that hike we got some of the most amazing pictures EVER





Just wish I had clearer skies and a sunrise or sunset. Would of been perfect. :) but I am still very happy with this iPhone pic.

We stayed at a very cute hostel called LA House Hostel and it literally was a house with all the rooms converted to bed rooms or dorm rooms. I wish I got a pic. But if you come through here it is worth it. And the price isn't that bad.

Next stop is Slovenia. With that comes castles in the middle of a melted glacier and who knows what adventures.




- Posted on the go.

Location:Füssen, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment