Saturday, May 18, 2013

Croatia...aka healing time for me

Hello. So Croatia wasn't the best time for me. Somehow I hurt my foot in Budapest by wearing flip-flops for like an hour or so. So, not wanting to cause more pain and to heal faster I mainly relaxed while in Croatia. We went to Split, Croatia and spent 2 nights there which exploring the city and the nearby island of Hvar.

Split was a wonderful town. The entire town is built in a walled city it seems like and mostly everything is still used today.



It has a lot to offer with arts, food, beaches, and a main harbor to the surrounding islands.













Autumn explored a lot of the museums while I hobbled around on my own just wondering and reading the literature of the history. Not much happened from what I found out but it was neat to walk through an old town that in most places is just for looking and seeing that it is still used today for shops, homes, restaurants, and more.



One of the best parts was that a restaurant, right in the middle, played live music every night. It was a great gathering place for locals and tourists to come and relax and listen to music.

YouTube Video

We then went to Hvar for a day trip and that was gorgeous. The boat ride out was like going to Catalina Island off the coast of California. When we got there we hiked up to the fortress on the mountain and... Wow. The view was perfect.









Though that hike was totally worth it. My foot was not happy with me. So with that, I went and laid out on a dock for the rest of the day and sun tanned. :) and swam/floated in the ocean. Totally worth it. :)






So after Split we went to Dubrovnik, Croatia and this place was breath taking. We stayed at a little old lady's house while we were there. Yep that's right. We got off the bus and there was a cute old lady with a sign saying rooms. After getting the price down half the amount and cheaper than any hostel we could find online we loaded up into her car and drove off to her house.

I was nice, farther from town then she told us, no surprise there 😉, but wasn't to far.





I didn't get to many pictures because this was whenever foot was hurting the most. Honestly I spent pretty much a whole day in the room just babying my foot while Autumn explored. So maybe if I ever go back I can explore more of the city.

But that trip came to an end and we went back to Split hoping to catch the last train out that night for Venice. Unfortunately due to the buses being on winter schedule they ran every other scheduled time. So we got to wait at the bus station for an hour or so and then get on the bus

The bus ride had to go through Bosnia for a portion and the border checks took a long time and due to the later bus and long border checks we missed the night train by 10 min :(

But at least I got some awesome sun set pics.





So back to the hostel where we had stayed the other nights and checked in for the night. The next day we made new friends :). I know surprise surprise. Me being social. Never :)



So we met Joanna from Poland and Steffan from France. Really fun individuals spent the day with them. Well autumn did, I explored a little then went back to the hostel because of my foot 😠 .me and my foot were not on good terms. But still had fun finding a handful of random things










(Not photoshopped.)



Squid!!!!




And exploding lighters. FYI, don't keep cheap lighters in your pocket in direct sun light. They explode and leave bruises. Luckily it didn't happen to me. Just Fillip.

So that night we went to the train station early to get the night train and low and behold the train was cancelled due to a problem with the tracks. But they had busses yay...no. Riding a public bus all night is not that fun. But it got us to Zagreb.
Here are some more random pics. Remember, all my iPhone pics can be found on Facebook.




YouTube Video






Here is where I'm going to end this post. Because the next thing we did will take its own.


So next post. Plitvice lakes :)
- Posted on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment