Thursday, May 30, 2013

Venice... A time portal of its own

Every time I go to Venice(3 times now) I get a feeling of walking through a time portal or something. I always thought it was my imagination as a kid. But going again at the young age of 24 :) I now know it not me making it up. It's truly the feeling that I get. From the buildings, stone walkways, gondolas(sp) food and the artistic craft everywhere you go. The funny thing is I remember it being smaller. It is a lot larger than I remember it and I'm sure, after I talk to my family that I missed a lot.

Oh well, will have to go back someday. Maybe with my spouse, then the whole romantic theme won't go to waist :)

when we got to venice, we decided to try walking to our hostel. Though I loved the walk, going up over about 10 bridges with my bag, autumns bag and my foot still sore, I think next time ill take the water taxi. Then go back and do the walk with no bags :)

Oh yeah. And 2 nights in a row, I can do it. But I don't love it.

So once we got freshened up, we went wondering. This trip has just confirmed how much I love to just wonder. Choose a general direction, walk and then an hour or so later, the. Figure where you are and go a new direction or home. We found this amazing restaurant next to one of the canals and after that day, we couldn't find it again because we had wondered upon it. But it was so good.


After that we wondered over to St Marks square and fed the birds



Anyone else think about Mary Poppins?? No, just me. Oh well. :)

So we stayed at a nice apartment converted into a hostel and I mainly wondered while autumn when into all the museums. I'm not a huge museum fan. I have to be in the right mood for what is being showed. But I just took the water taxi bus thing everywhere and explored all that I could. And then I found a mask that I fell in love with.



I left the store and figured I'd forget about it. But then I realized that I liked it way to much and went back the next day and got it. Though its not the most traditional mask out there. I like it :) and that's what matter. Right?

Other than that, venice was beautiful but uneventful. I love venice because of that. You just fall in love with the streets, people, and food that nothing else matters. It's very relaxing while so many things are going on.

.







Well, might not be the most exciting post, but I am trying to get caught up. about 2 weeks behind. So. There's venice. Next stop, Milan

Oh oh oh. I almost forgot. We got macaroons. I forgot what they tasted like so we found a bright colored shop with every flavor you can think of( slightly exaggerating) and got a box of them... YUMMY. Just saying.




- Posted on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment