Thursday, May 30, 2013

Plitvice lakes.

Ok. This has been one of my favorite day trips in Croatia. The lakes themselves travels through a valley and is just...words also can't describe the beauty. Imagine Lord of the Rings and think of Rivendale ( where the elves live with all the waterfalls flowing around it.) this could of been the perfect location.



With cascading waterfalls and caves to explore






It has fun for everyone. You can hike the entire trail or on sections of it you can take a electric boat across a large section and then they also have a train/bus type thing that you can take along onesie of it. I wish I could say I hiked the entire thing. But with my foot acting up, I was not going to push it.







With the rain that had been there days before, the river was high and even the local life was out of their homes to enjoy the sunshine that peaked through the clouds.


(Snake)



(Snake #2)



(Caterpillar) he was trying to go home with me. He would keep climbing up my boot and I'd keep putting him back down on some yummy leaves. And then he would come back to my boot. Silly caterpillar.

All in all. It took us about 3 hours to go through the intermediate route but totally worth it. My goal is next time I go back. Not to have a hurt foot and hike the entire lake. Plus the woods they have on the end :)

Well, more pictures are on Facebook and more will also come when I get back to the states.



So after we finished up with the lakes we caught the bus home and got back before the last train left for Venice. So we are deciding to go another night on the go. 2 nights in a row. Lets see how autumn and I hold up.

Till next time in Venice. Ciao

- Posted on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment