Thursday, May 30, 2013

Verona

Oh Verona. I want to say I came here with my parents before but honestly I have no memory what so ever of this place. Going to venice, Rome, and Florence I can connect dots to memories that I had but couldn't remember where they were from. But not Verona. I recognize some places but I think it's from movies or TV. But getting back to this trip.

Autumn and I got to meet up with my sisters good friend Heather. I knew heather before but would consider us good friends just because of our age difference and me being Sarah's little brother. But she is a friend for sure.




We met up that morning and went exploring. Heather is becoming an expert at all that Verona has to offer. We got to see beautiful fountains


Eat amazing pizza


And lasagna. I think it's the best lasagna I have ever had. There is a vegetable one


And a meat one




Both were deliciousness with just enough cheese and sauce. The vegetable one beat the meat one. I almost went to get another one. But decided to wonder.

We got to see churches with beauty all around











Even go to see love locks locked on a shackle


Not sure how that shows love. But to each their own :)

It was so much fun to spend the day with Heather who was such a trooper. She was fighting a cold and was leaving the next day. But still was an amazing host.

After we said goodbye to Heather, Autumn went to go see the Roman ruins that the city had to offer and for me and my bum foot ( I've learned that cobble stone and a lamo foot don't mix) I slowly wondered and sat in a park for a couple hours. The. Met autumn at Juliet's balcony. Now we did see it with Heather but we wanted to go back and spend some more time there.

We went into the Juliet store next to it where you can write letters to Juliet and also buy something and get in embroidered. They gave Autumn her name and when I asked if I could see my name they said NO. Only for the lady.

Oh well. I might of boughten something like a chef hat or apron. But NO, only for the lady.




Here is a statue of Juliet and I still don't understand the touching of statues. I guess I'm not that superstitious ( no idea how to spell it.) I mean I won't whistle on stage because oh the reasoning behind that. But touching every boob, penis, nose, or body part that a statue has to offer. No thank you.
I really liked the entry way into Juliet's courtyard. They had all the sides where you could write your name and your partners name/ or a note.









So after a quick tour of Juliet's shop we got gelato. Of course




Oh how I don't miss ice cream. But thinking of how i will miss gelato.
At least Gelato Paradiseo(sp?) is good in Cali.

So that night we got back and autumn had been talking all day about the movie Letters to Julia. So I bought it on iTunes and watched it. It's my new favorite chick flick. The acing isn't the best. But the story line is fun, cheesy, and very enjoyable. I am now hooked. It was also fun to watch the movie and say OH I have been there and there and there.

Well. That's a quick explanation of Verona. I am guessing I have more pic on my camera. Because there aren't to many on my phone.

Anyone beside my family even reading this?? Sometimes I wonder.


Next post. Lake Como, Star Wars, 007 and Bellagio
- Posted on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment