Friday, May 10, 2013

S-LOVE-nia

I know I'm behind in my posts. Sorry. So there are going to be a couple back to back so I can get caught up.

The last post I made was about Slovenia and Disney.

Let me make one just about Slovenia.

Slovenia is my new Second favorite country, right after India. The people were amazing, food was yummy, and country is beautiful and there is so much to explore in this tiny country. With the ocean on one side and mountains on another you can have the best of all worlds. Like California. Just smaller the size.

My goal is to come back here and explore Slovenia more. Like go through some more caves, climb some mountains, raft some rivers, and what ever else I can find. A local there even said I should go paint balling. I might pass that one. But everything else is totally free game.

Autumn and I went to Libjiani first, the capital of Slovenia and spent about 3 nights there. We stayed at a great hostel called Tresor. It was located right in the heart of downtown but was set up so you didn't get all the noise from the street. It looked like it us to be an old bank or something.

Though Slovenia is an old city, there seems to be a lot of renovation to make the old things look modern style. So not my complete favorite. But still very interesting to look at and leant about it. They have had a interesting history. But if you want a history lesson. Go online. Trust me. You don't want a history lesson from me. :)

So, in Eastern Europe they celebrate May Day. The kick off is on Aril 30 they have a massive bond fire on the hill near a old church(no significance. Just a good location) so of course, we went to it with our new friends we made on the Hostel.










The entire city was out there. With there kids and everything. Free to all. Just BYOB or buy it there. The food was really good too. We had some sausages and lamb. :) yummy!!!






And there was live music going on. I got to dance with an Australian girl that went up with us. I can't remember her name. But she was super nice. We saw the families and the kids start going home around 1130 midnight and figured II is prob smart to go home too. Wasn't sure what else was going to go on and Autumn and I had an early morning the next day.

So backing it up a little bit. I just realized we went to the Pestojna caves earlier that day. Before the bond fire. So the Pestojna caves were the ones I went off about the Disney post. Incase you don't remember. Here are some more pictures.





And more. Look on Facebook or the previous post for more.

(Castle)

So the next day. We said good bye to Ljublijana and hello to Lake Bled. Now this was beautiful all around. Here's a photo to start it.



(I did not take this pic. I took a pic of another pic.)
So Lake Bled is a small lake up in the mountains that surrounds this tiny island. And on the island is a little church with a wishing bell. Now the question is at hand. Did I ring the bell?



Like that's even a real question. Of course I did. But no asking what I wished for. Because then it won't come true. ;) But the real trick is getting to the island. No motor boats are aloud on it. So do we row ourselves out or pay to take a man powered boat out??


We decided to row ourselves out on these swan row boats. Yep... It was awesome. I do t have any pics of my rowing though. They might be on Autumns camera. But funny story is that on the way back, Autumn asked if she could row around the island once. I said sure. So around the island we went. She was having so much fun that she wanted go row back to shore. Again I said yes and so off we went. The big guy sitting there while the cute small girl rows him to shore. Soapy people were taking pics. It was awesome :) all I could do was put my hands up like, what are you going to do, when she wants to row, let her row. :)

YouTube Video

So. To whoever is still reading. Take a break and then come back and read the following. We are almost done.

So that was one afternoon in Lake Bled. That night we stayed in a hostel called Bled Hostel and it was ok. The beds weren't bad but it was connected to a bar and the locals...yep they had fun at night. One night I was standing outside the bar for Internet, talking to my family on Skype and this guy was sitting in his seat for probably 15 min swaying back and forth. Then ever so slowly he just swayed to far one way and blop, on the ground he was. I had to go over and pick him up off the ground and point him to his room ( he was staying across the hall from us) though the rooms were a little bit quieter then bar. You would get an occasional shout or group cheer or group singing to some American song that doesn't sound like English cause everyone is drunk. :). Haha. It was entertaining.

So that was the hostel. But the next day was a wonderful day. We went up to the church and castle on the hill.



(Not a good pic at all)



But we got amazing views. And the paths were fun


And rainy :)

So we didn't go into the castle because the guy who word mornings at the hostel was going to give us a rise to this trail we wanted to go on. So we went down the hill and got back super early. Oops. So we got online and found out that our friends, Kasey and Kendal from Ljublijana were staying right next door to us here in Bled. So the 4 of us went on a hike through the valley. They have a specific name. Ill see if I can find it later. Seriously it was a wooden walkway attached to the side of a rock wall. So legit. The views were breathtaking :)















And the bugs and creatures were awesome. They were out and about since it was raining.





Look closely and you will see a ton of snails. Hey mommy, can I get a nickel for each one ?


Then after the valley we walked up through a forest area and down through a coupe little towns to get back.











So that's it for Slovenia. Next post will be about the worlds largest ice caves and the pictures that I didn't take but somehow ended up on my phone.

Talk to ya later.
- Posted on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment