Thursday, May 30, 2013

Milan as home base and day trips to Parma and more

So after departing Venice :( I could just relax there for an entire week it feels like. We headed off to Milan. At the time I didn't care to much to explore Milan, but now I'm kind of kicking myself for not checking it out more.

We left each morning early, hopped on a train and took full day trips all around. But only slept and ate in Milan.

But, there were some awesome day trips to do while up in Northern Italy. Our first one was Parma



And the picture kind of describes our day. It was raining all day. Not just a light drizzle. No, it was Lex go buy an umbrella cause its raining hard, kind of a day. But, non the less. Autumn and I found ways to enjoy ourselves on this grey rainy day. We went for a walk in the park. :) yep, don't you do that in rainy days? Well we saw a cool pond lake kind of a deal



And an old building that is now the EU's food inspection office



And then while in Parma, we had to get cheese. And since in Italy we had to get pizza. So we got yummy pizza. Not as good as what we had in Florence but pretty dang good. We ate it all :)





We also went into a really old theatre/opera house(?) that everything was made out of wood and the stage was slanted. Thanks to my drama teacher on high school I didn't even think twice as to why the floor was slanted :) also I remembered not to whistle while in stage. Thank you Mrs. Weidauer.

So, one day I will go back to Parma because I feel with some more research and knowledge it will have a lot to offer. But as a quick day trip it was nice. Maybe the country side is better. Any suggestions??

Well I'm going to leave you with a short one because Verona and Como are going to be good lengths. At least I think so. We will see how I'm feeling when I write them.

Next stop
Verona



- Posted on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment